1 December, 2017
Earlier today, our partners at Vodacom rallied in support of 16 Days of Activism for No Violence Against Women and Children. Buccaneers’ Thabiso Kutumela, Gladwin Shitolo and Ayanda Gcaba attended the walk showing their proud support in favour of the cause.
The 16 Days Activism is a worldwide campaign initiated to oppose gender-based violence. It aims to raise awareness of the negative impact that violence and abuse have on our sisters and children, and attempts to rid our societies of this abuse permanently.
Orlando Pirates Football Club holds this cause very dear to our hearts as it is the foundation upon which our pledge taken in 2001 on December 6th is based. A pledge that still stands true to this day.
We at Orlando Pirates recognise:
• That women are the base and children the future of our society
• That violence against women and children is like waging a war on ourselves as a nation
We at Orlando Pirates therefore pledge:
• To be vocal and speak out against violence targeted at women and children
• To be exemplary through our deeds and serve as role models
• To be supportive to women and children affected by violence
For more information on 16 Days Activism, visit: https://www.parliament.gov.za/project-event-details/3.
Bucs end winless run away to Celtic
© 2017 - 2023 Copyright Orlando Pirates. Designed & Developed by Agent Orange Design